Creativity + Entertainment: Attend a One Direction Concert

/
0 Comments
✓ September 16, 2014

My friend Lindsay is pretty amazing. She knew of my obsession with One Direction, and with the help of some of my other family & friends, was able to make this trip possible for me.

My mom and I flew into Phoenix about 10:30 in the morning on September 16, 2014. Linds picked us up and drove us back to her house in Gilbert. It was surprisingly beautiful down there. I was expecting complete desert, but was surprised to see mountains and farm land.
Lindsay lives really close to the new Gilbert temple, so she drove us by it so we could see it up close. It was absolutely beautiful.
The concert didn't start until 7:00 that evening, but we left around 3:00. It took forever to get there. We literally listened to the One Direction CD three times all the way through. Traffic was insane! The last our we were stuck on the off-ramp. So many cars!

When we finally parked in the mall parking lot next to the stadium, we found my Aunt Marcie so my mom could hang out with her while Linds and I went to the concert. I don't know why I was still shocked at the number of people there, but it was seriously amazing. So many girls. I am pretty sure Linds and I were the only ones over the age of 25 that didn't have kids with us, but it's okay. I'm sure we totally fit in.
Linds got us great seats. If it were a football game, we would have been about the goal line, two rows up. It was amazing. We only had one row of people to look over. The pictures I took don't even do justice of how close were were.
It was also my first time being in an NFL stadium. It was HUGE, and AMAZING! So loud too. Anytime a One Direction commercial came on the screen, everyone would scream. It was insane.
It took a little while for the opening act to come on state. I knew the band, 5 Seconds of Summer, but only knew a few of their songs. They were really quite good, and I do like their music. Their part was really long though. It was about an hour, which was fine, but it's hard to really rock out when you don't know their songs. They did a great job though. (Picture is of Luke Hemmings...the cutest one!)
When 5SOS were done, there was a short/not really short intermission. It was actually quite long, but it was worth it. I have to admit, I was really extremely, super excited. It's one thing to just see video of them, but to be in the same room as them? Pretty sweet. As soon as the lights went down, the screaming began. They had a video to introduce the boys, then you hear "Straight off the plane to a new hotel...." Followed by a few thousand girls screaming!

I didn't cry, though I nearly did. I just kept smiling and saying, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" over and over. It was crazy. Of course I know all their songs, so it was easy to let loose and sing along. It was so loud, I could feel the bass beating in my chest.
They were so fun to watch. They just look like their having so much fun out there. I can't even imagine the rush of going out on a stage and having thousands of people just screaming for you.



The best part was when Harry asked some girl whose birthday it was what her name was. I SWEAR he said Breanne. I will let you listen to the video that I found on instagram. It sounds like he said my name, but then it sounds like he said Reanne, however, I still know what it's like to have Harry Styles say my name! (Don't judge me!)
 
Ahhh..I just still can't believe I was there. It was an amazing concert, and I really am so grateful for all those who helped get me there. We didn't get home until like 1:30 in the morning. But, it was totes worth it.




And Linds, it was fun to go with you. I think we should make this an annual thing! ;)


You may also like

No comments: